In this episode, Chris Bates and Dan Novalis interview Allison Netzer and Liz High, authors of the book “Think Like a Brand, Not a Bank” – a must read for any banker. Your bank’s brand belongs to everyone in the bank, from teller to CEO. Banks and companies that focus on their brand almost always outperform in their markets – and we discuss examples of banks that have done just that.
We also chat about the five principles shared in the book: doing counterintuitive things, embracing tension, cueing the remix, products that aren’t what they used to be, and coaching and composing.
● Why banks need to have a brand-first mindset
● What a brand is not
● What happens when banks make an emotional connection with their customers
● Why banks need to do counterintuitive things
● How leaning into tension can help your bank solve problems
Allison Netzer started her career at Dell, working across various cross-industry sales and marketing roles in the United States, India, and Japan. Over the past two decades, Allison has worked with brands like the Dallas Cowboys, Cisco, Southwest Airlines, and Aetna.
Liz High has shaped corporate and brand strategy utilizing data-driven insight in nearly every industry by drawing on extensive marketing agency experience. Liz has founded multiple successful marketing and insight agencies with clients ranging from Amazon and HBO to GE Money and Citibank.
● Buy Think Like a Brand, Not a Bank on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1544531230/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
● Allison Netzer LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/allison-netzer-1b98335/
● Liz High LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lizhigh/
● Twitter: https://twitter.com/Brand_B4_Bank
● Website: https://thinklikeabrandbook.com
● Website: https://bankmarketingshow.com/