Bank marketing has changed over the years, largely due to advancements in technology. Standing out as a financial institution requires creating a brand story and implementing technology in your marketing plan. However, there are marketing differences between credit unions and banks that you need to be aware of. In this episode, Dan Novalis, Chris Bates, and Adam Koishor discuss the differences between credit unions and banks. They also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of credit unions. Adam provides valuable insight into bank marketing from his 25 years of experience in the industry.
- Credit unions vs. banks
- Advantages and disadvantages of credit unions
- Marketing differences between credit unions and banks
- Brand stories
- What is your financial institution solving for customers?
- Technology and digital channels
- Leveraging data
- Video content
- Standing out as a financial institution
- Staying one step ahead of the consumer
- Simplifying the banking process
- Automation & tracking
- Making staff aware of marketing efforts
- And other topics…
Adam Koishor is a marketing and communications executive. He has 25 years of experience in marketing at community banks and regional credit unions. He has overseen a lot of impressive growth on the marketing side in all of his roles. During his career, he has seen technology change how bank marketing is done.
- Personal Best: His daughter graduating from college.
- Business Best: Building a brand with community involvement.
- Favorite Book: Leadership books
- Bingeable TV Show: Ozark, The Sopranos
- Most Impactful Advice Received: When you make a mistake, take responsibility. Find a way to prevent it from happening again, don’t blame other people, and learn from it. If you take responsibility for your mistakes, you will earn respect.
- Advice for Staff: Speak up. Give your opinion and perspective.
- LinkedIn: Adam Koishor
- Email: [email protected]
- Podcast Website: The Bank Marketing Show